Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 braves new Eid releases; Shahid Kapoor’s Jersey slows down on second Friday

Prashanth Neel’s KGF: Chapter 2 starring Yash, Sanjay Dutt and Raveena Tandon braves the competition of new Eid releases. Shahid Kapoor led Jersey goes down further.

The Eid weekend saw the release of two new Hindi films, Runway 34 and Heropanti 2. Both films took up roughly 70% of the exhibition potential, leaving existing movies with approximately 30% to perform. The majority of the 30% was allocated for KGF Chapter 2 (Hindi), which performed exceptionally well in the screens to which it was assigned.

KGF: Chapter 2 (Hindi) had higher occupancy than both new releases, which is surprising, to say the least, given that we’re talking about a dubbed Kannada picture giving two new releases a run for their money in its third weekend. Suppose the two latest releases fail to demonstrate significant growth over the weekend. In that case, they will most likely be replaced by KGF: Chapter 2, which is expected to earn a double-digit figure on Sunday or Monday. KGF: Chapter 2 earned Rs. 4.25 crore net on its third Friday and early Saturday trends indicate that the picture is on track to double its third Friday earnings. Given the local rivalry, reaching the Rs. 400 cr net barrier will be difficult, but the Eid holidays should help reclaim lost ground. KGF: Chapter 2 is an all-time classic.

Jersey, starring Shahid Kapoor, and RRR, directed by SS Rajamouli, are already grossing in the lakhs, with both films accounting for less than 10% of the market. While Jersey is a box office flop, RRR is a smash hit.

The following is the day’s net box office collection for Jersey, KGF: Chapter 2 and RRR:

Week 1 – Rs. 19.60 cr
Second Friday – Rs. 40 lakh
Total = Rs. 20 cr

KGF Chapter 2
Extended 2 weeks total – Rs. 342.35 cr
Third Friday – Rs. 4 25 cr
Total = Rs. 346.60 cr

RRR
5 weeks total – Rs. 260.90 cr
Sixth Friday – Rs. 20 lakh
Total = Rs. 261.10 cr
Which film are you planning to watch this weekend?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button