Our cellphones are showing their age, just as we are. Compared to Androids, iPhones have better hardware and engineering to last longer between repairs. That’s why Apple goods are so popular. As far as we know, there are still some individuals in our social circles and markets utilizing iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, and iPhone SE. Between 2014 and 2017, Apple released these iPhone models. As a result, the average iPhone owner should expect to get at least five years of usage out of their phone.
Before purchasing a new phone, most individuals sell their old one. If you’re curious about how long I had this phone before selling it, you’re not alone. The iPhone’s age is a factor in determining resale value. To determine the iPhone’s resale value, you need to know how old it is.
Find out how old your iPhone is by using this guide.
It’s better to know the age of your phone than to wonder when you first purchased it or how long you’ve had it by determining the iPhone’s production year.
After the warranty ends, who retains the bill or the original packaging of the iPhone. When you purchase a new iPhone, you’ll always get an email receipt, but it’s always a good idea to check your email.
Your iPhone’s unique serial number is all that is needed to ascertain the year of production. Even so, you may want to consider how old your phone is. Once we know how to determine the age of an iPhone by its serial number, we can proceed to the next step.
How to Find Old iPhone Serial Number
Here’s how to discover your iPhone’s serial number.
- Find the Settings icon and touch on it.
- From here, choose General from the drop-down menu.
- The first option is called About. Take a swiping motion with your finger.
- Your iPhone’s serial number is shown on the fifth line.
Note: If you cannot see the complete serial number, tap the serial number to show your iPhone’s serial number. A lengthy press will allow you to copy a serial number.
My iPhone’s Age Can Be Discovered in 3 Ways.
- Coverage by Apple is an excellent place to start.
- Chipmunk Klantenservice No. 2.
- The serial number’s last digit
The iPhone serial number is required for all three of these procedures, so make a note of it.
How Long Have I had My iPhone?
Method 1: Using Apple’s Coverage Checker
You can find out how old your iPhone is by using Apple’s Check Coverage feature. Let’s find out how old your iPhone is now.
- The first step is to open your web browser and input https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ in the URL field.
- Input your serial number. Please enter this code on the website are both visible.
- Enter your iPhone’s serial number in the “Enter your serial number” box.
- If you’re asked to enter a code, type in “CAPTCHA.”
- When you select “Continue,” you’ll be sent to a screen with information about your iPhone. Repair and Service Coverage’s Estimated Expiration Date is shown below.
- If the Estimated Expiration Date isn’t provided, please use the current date instead. Your iPhone’s warranty or AppleCare protection plan has expired. In addition, it implies that your iPhone is at least a year or two old. The second way to determine the iPhone’s production date is to use the first approach.
How Old is the iPhone?
- Chipmunk Klantenservice Method 2
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice, you can see when my phone was purchased.
- First, put www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel in the URL bar of your web browser to get started.
- Tap “Show information” after entering your iPhone’s serial number in the “Enter your serial number here” box.
- The following screen will fill with the necessary information. The year of production, the week of the show, the model presented, and other pertinent data may be found by scrolling down.
When did I Buy My iPhone?
Is this the first time none of the following options have worked for you? The serial number of your iPhone may tell you how old it is.
Letters and digits form the serial number. This alphanumeric serial number conceals information such as the date, time, and location of production and the model number.
It’s challenging to locate a hard or soft copy of the law after many years. However, most of the time, these three techniques work, and you may use the serial number to determine the age of your iPhone.
You probably don’t need me to tell you when I bought my iPhone. You now have a better understanding of how the serial number affects your iPhone’s resale value. Everyone is welcome to contact us if they have any questions.