One of WhatsApp’s best features is Status, which allows you to tell your contacts what you’re doing, what you’re thinking, or anything similar via text, photos, videos, and gif images. WhatsApp now allows you to include your current location in your Status so that your contacts can find out where you are right now.
As previously said, WhatsApp Status informs your friends and family of what you are doing and where you are right now, and whether you are online or offline. In the most recent version of WhatsApp, you may add your present location as a sticker to your Status. Here’s how to go about it.
How to Add Location to Your WhatsApp Status?
- Download and install the most recent WhatsApp beta version on your phone.
- Open WhatsApp, go to the Status tab and then press on the My Status plus symbol.
- Take a photo of your surroundings or a nearby object.
- Finally, tap the Emoji icon.
- A few items will appear under the Content Stickers option. Select the Location button from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option Select your current location.
- Finally, add a caption (if necessary) and share your Status with your connections and family.
You can also choose from a list of nearby locations rather than your present location. So that’s how you add your current location to WhatsApp status.
To send and receive status updates, you and your contacts must have each other’s phone numbers saved in your phone address books, as you are all aware. In addition, your Status will be removed after 24 hours.