When it comes to having the top TV displays on the planet, LG is the only brand that does it right every time. LG offers a wide choice of smart TVs in various pricing points, resolutions, and even screen sizes. LG smart TVs include some useful features because they run on a specific Operating System. The ability to install or download apps is one of the best aspects of the LG Smart TV. You will learn how to add apps to your LG smart TV in this section.
TVs are no longer solely used for watching TV channels and their programs. Because of the addition of internet connectivity, smart audio, video, and even the integration of voice assistants to manage the smart tv, smart TVs have a wide range of applications. However, the most helpful feature is the support for Apps, which aid in the operation and control of other Smart TV functions.
Numerous apps are available in practically every category and on almost every platform. LG televisions, in particular, use their proprietary webOS software on all of their smart televisions. The ability to install applications provides end-users with the flexibility to select from various content to consume. Continue reading to learn how to install applications on your LG smart TV.
How to Add Apps to LG smart TV
Because LG smart TVs lack an Android operating system, it may not be easy to download and install apps on LG Smart TVs. But don’t worry, after reading this article, you’ll no longer be a strange LG TV user. Apps may be installed on your LG Smart TV in four different methods. These approaches should be compatible with nearly all LG smart TVs. So, let us begin with the first way.
Method 1: Install apps from LG Content Store
The LG Content Store is the PlayStore for all LG TVs that run webOS. You may install and choose from a wide variety of apps in the Store. Here are the steps you may take to add apps from the LG content store to your LG TV to make things easier.
- Check that your LG smart TV is connected to the internet.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- This will take you to the LG Content Store.
- The Apps category is located at the top of the screen.
- Select it to bring up a list of available apps from the LG Content Store.
- Select the app you want to add and press the install button.
- After installing the app, you can launch it on your LG Smart TV.
What happens if the storage space on your LG TV runs out? To save your apps, you can always connect an external storage drive, such as a USB drive. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to install programs. There may be apps that you want to install on your LG TV that is not available in your country. So, what are you going to do? The only method to acquire these apps is to change the nation of your LG Smart TV’s LG Services. Here’s how to go about it:
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your LG Smart TV.
- Go to all settings and then general under settings.
- Select Location, followed by LG Services Country.
- Now, select the country of your choice.
- After choosing a country, you’ll be asked to approve the agreement.
- Read the agreement and then press the Yes button.
- Your television will now restart to apply the modifications.
- Once the TV has restarted, go to the LG Content Store, and you’ll see new apps that you can browse and add to your LG Smart TV.
Method 2: Install 3rd party Apps on LG Smart TV
Because the LG TV does not run Android TV OS, you will be unable to install any third-party apps right away. However, if you have a streaming device such as an Amazon Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, or even an Apple TV, you may use the app store to access a large range of apps. We will install apps using a Firestick as a reference in this post.
- Connect the FireStick to your LG TV’s HDMI port.
- Make sure your TV and FireStick are both turned on.
- Most importantly, make sure your TV is linked to the internet.
- Change the input channel on the TV to the one to which the FireStick is attached.
- Now, sign in with your Amazon account to access FireStick’s capabilities.
- Browse the numerous apps available in the Store and start using them immediately.
- You won’t be able to download the app but instead will be able to stream its content straight directly.
If you have a laptop, you may utilize the screencast or screen sharing capability to stream material from your computer directly onto your LG smart TV. Yes, you can cast from your smartphone to your LG smart TV.
Method 3: Install Apps on LG NetCast OS TVs
If you have an LG Smart TV released before 2014, follow these procedures to install apps to LG TV.
- Connect your LG TV to the internet and turn it on.
- Now take out your LG TV’s remote control.
- On the TV remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to and pick the Premium Apps option on your TV screen.
- Navigate to and choose the app you want to install on your LG NetCast OS TV.
- Sign in with your account information.
- Your TV will now have the app installed.
Method 4: Install Apps on LG Roku TV
- Connect your LG Roku TV to your WiFi network and turn it on.
- Take hold of the Roku TV remote and push the Home button.
- Select the Streaming Channels option from the screen’s menu.
- All of the channels available on Roku will now be displayed.
- Navigate to and choose the app you want to install on your Roku TV.
- Your LG Roku TV will now have the app installed.
- Go to the home screen to activate the app and begin streaming entertainment.
So, this is how you may add apps to your LG Smart TC and stream popular movies, music, television shows, etc. Before installing apps from the LG Content Store, ensure your TV has enough storage space. You may always delete certain stuff or connect an external hard disc if not. You won’t be able to sideload Android apps until LG decides to migrate from webOS to Android TV OS, so you’ll have to settle for apps from the LG content Store or utilize FireStick to get apps on your TV.
That concludes our comprehensive explanation of how to download apps on LG Smart TV, including third-party apps. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments area.