Google Play Store is a platform where Android users may download apps, games, movies, and ebooks. While this understanding of what can be done on Google Play is right, it lacks. True, downloads remain the most predominant use cases of the Play Store. However, Google Play’s simple applications go far beyond app and game downloads.
In addition to allowing users to download and rent movies, Google Play also allows them to purchase and manage subscriptions and make purchases within apps. Google Play Balance, which can be used to pay for those purchases and subscriptions, enables these extra capabilities.
The Google Play Balance is highly useful and trustworthy for individuals who utilize it because it can be used across various apps. As a result, it can be rather frustrating when you try to replenish your Pay Balance and get an error.
The most common and quickest way to add money to your Play Balance is using gift cards, but if you get the error message “Couldn’t redeem this code. While saving a code is not a pleasant experience, it is a necessary evil. You’ve come to the right place if you’re having this issue.
We’ll discuss why you might be experiencing this problem and how to resolve it. So, if you want to get rid of the bothersome error, read this blog all the way through.
How to Fix “Couldn’t redeem this code. This code can only be used in India” on Google Play
Use a VPN
A VPN can be the best alternative for you if a change of location prevents you from redeeming your code. After all, spoofing locations is what a VPN is for.
To use a VPN to redeem your voucher, follow these steps. It may be necessary to pay for a VPN that connects to India, as most reputable VPNs only offer a limited number of locations in their free editions.
- Connect to any location in India using a safe and reputable VPN.
- Go to Applications in the Settings app on your phone. To find Google Play Store, scroll down.
- Open Google Play Store’s App Info page by tapping on it.
- In the Storage menu, clear the Google Play Store cache.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap the Account symbol in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Payments and Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. Use the gift code.
- Now type the gift code into the box provided and click Redeem. Then select Confirm.
Hopefully, your code will be used this time.
Because this does not work for everyone, we used the phrase “hopefully.” Google Play upgrades its security mechanisms on a regular basis and may be able to detect VPN usage.