Discovery Plus is a fantastic streaming service that allows you to view a plethora of non-fiction and true-life television series. There are shows about science and technology, food, travel, sports, and wildlife, among other things. The streaming service has over 600,000 programs and many Discovery+ original series that are solely available on the streaming service. While the streaming service is accessible on various devices, it has lately found its way to Vizio Smart TVs. So, let’s see how to get Discovery Plus on a Vizio Smart TV.
Vizio’s smart TVs use an in-house operating system, so one can imagine how long it took to get the app to operate on Vizio’s TVs. However, Vizio TV customers can immediately begin streaming their favorite shows now that the app is out. Discovery+ comes with a free 7-day trial that you may use to determine whether the service is right for you. So, if you think it’s a nice service, you can select one of the two offered plans. The basic subscription is $4.99 per month, while the no-ads option costs $6.99. Let’s now look at installing the Discovery Plus app on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Download Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TV
Vizio now offers a diverse choice of televisions. However, the Discovery Plus app will not work on all televisions. As a result, the only Vizio TVs that support the Disocvery+ app are those produced in 2017 or after. But that doesn’t mean you can’t watch Discovery+ on your polder Vizio TV. There is a technique to stream it on such TVs, and we will also check into that.
Install Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TVs manufactured in 2017 and after.
- First, turn on your Vizio Smart TV and take the TV remote.
- Check that your Vizio Smart TV is linked to an active internet connection.
- Press the Home button on the TV remote.
- You will be directed to your Vizio TV’s home screen.
- Navigate and choose the search bar at the top of the screen using the navigation buttons on your Vizio TV Remote.
- Now, in the search field, type Discovery Plus.
- You will see the associated search results on your screen in seconds. Go to the Discovery+ app and pick it.
- Your Vizio Smart TV will now be updated with the app.
- Start the app from your home screen and sign in using your Facebook account.
Stream Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TVs that aren’t supported (2016 and older)
You may now watch content even if you have an older Vizio Smart TV that does not support the Discovery+ app. If your Vizio TV supports Apple AirPlay or Android device casting, you may quickly stream video from your phone to the big screen. Here’s how:
- To start, join the same WiFi network as your Android or iOS smartphone and your Vizio Smart TV.
- Now, download the Discovery Plus app on your Android or iOS smartphone. It is available for free download.
- After downloading the app, sign in or create an account on the Discovery+ app. You may also take advantage of the provided free trial.
- When the app is ready, touch on the cast icon at the top of the app.
- Tap on your Vizio Smart TV once it appears in the list.
- When you see the app on your TV, you immediately stream your favorite shows and view them on the big screen.
This is how you can view Discovery+ programming on your Vizio Smart TV. Whether you have an older or newer Vizio Smart TV, you can watch all of your favorite shows on the big screen. If you have an older Vizio TV with no WiFi or the WiFi does not appear to be working, you may easily connect streaming devices such as the Amazon FireTV Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, Google Chromecast, or even an Apple TV. These devices are compatible with the Discovery Plus app and allow you to view it on any TV with an HDMI input connection. Please post them in the comments section below if you have any questions.