You should compress your blog images because there are so many good ones. A big reason is that it will cut down on the size of your web page as a whole. The page load time of your website will also speed up because of this.
Now, when we talk about reducing the size of your blog images, we also need to think about how good they are. If you want to make your blog images smaller but not lose their quality, we’ve given you some tips in this guide.
We have also talked about how you can resize and compress your images on Blogger right after you upload them. People who want to make their blog images more search engine friendly should check out this other tutorial on image SEO optimization before going further. This tutorial will show you how to make your images more search engine friendly.
Compress your blog images using the online tool
It’s easy to cut the file size of your blog images with free online tools. We will tell you to use TinyJPG because it is the best tool for compressing images. It has a unique interface.
First, it will look at your picture and then use the best compression method to make it smaller. You will get a compressed picture with the same quality as before, but smaller. Only JPGs can be compressed with this tool, but PNGs can be crammed with it, too!
Another good thing is that you can simultaneously upload as many images as you want. You can do this up to 20 times. If you’re going to reduce the size of your photos, go to the TinyJPG website and upload your images there (s). Once compressed, you can download them to your phone or tablet. Isn’t that easy?
For WordPress users, there is an official plugin for this tool called Compress JPEG & PNG Images that you can use to compress your blog images, even if you already have them on there.
Compress images on Android
Most of your blog images are likely to be made or edited on your Android phone. If you want to make them smaller, you can use a third-party app like Image Size Reducer. Our guide to compressing images on your Android phone without losing their quality can help you learn more about this subject.
How to resize your images on Blogger
How to resize your images on Blogger Resizing will make your blog images smaller, but it will also make them look a little less good.
These steps show you how to change the size and compression of your images on Blogger.
- First, sign in to your Blogger account. Then, go to the dashboard of your blog.
- Make a new post or open an old one.
- Publish the picture on your blog that you want to use in your post.
- Now, click on the picture you’ve just added. You’ll see resize options below it. It’s up to you how big the image should be. You can make it small, medium, large, extra-large, or original.
- We recommend setting the picture to either Large or X-Large size to keep the image sharp and reduce its file size.
- Reduce the size of images on Blogger by hand.
- You can also cut down on the size of your images on Blogger by changing their URLs a little bit. This will not change the size of the picture. Then, follow these steps.
- Add the image to a new post.
- Click the HTML button next to the post title to switch to the HTML view.
- This time, look for the URL of the picture in the src attribute of its img HTML tag. In this way:
- In this URL, you need to change the value of s1600, which is the size of the picture. Here, 1600 is the original size of the image. s640 (for better quality) or s420 (for less quality) is the value you should change to make your picture smaller (for low quality). That’s all.
So, these are some ways to compress images on your Blogger blog without lowering their quality so that you can put them on your blog. We hope this tutorial is useful to you, and thanks for reading. You can write it in the comment box below to ask a question.