Most of us know that our licenses have expired until we encounter a problem on the road. However, renewing it in Islamabad is not difficult and takes only a few minutes. Just one encounter will persuade you not to put off renewing it again. This post will show you how to renew your driving license in Islamabad and the documentation you’ll need.
The Validity of an Islamabad Driver’s License
A driver’s license is typically good for three to five years. It is critical to renew it on time to prevent unpleasant circumstances.
The nicest part about having your license renewed is that you won’t have to retake the driving exam. The sole requirement is that certain documentation is provided.
You can renew your license in two ways: visiting a licensed center or applying online.
Driver’s License Renewal in Islamabad
You can make an appointment with the traffic police online. However, the online portal only offers a limited number of licenses each day, and the walk-in token system is another option.
Here is how to do the latter:
- Go to the Islamabad Traffic Police station, display your original CNIC card at the reception desk, and receive a token.
- Continue with the biometric verification and have your photo taken.
- Wait your turn, then proceed to the counter and fill out the form provided.
- Attach the necessary papers to the state before submitting them.
- Fee submission: You will be required to pay Rs. 1,149 after one year of the expiry date, or Rs. 1,949 after one to three years.
- After three years, the applicant must additionally take driving and theory examinations and pay a price of Rs. 4,649.
- The representative will offer you a confirmation sheet with the license receiving date after you have completed the fee process.
- Visit the licensed facility on the specified date to obtain your license.
- Medical documentation. This is Form-B, which you may get from the ITP website.
- An immunization certificate for COVID-19.
- Two passport-sized photos
- You must provide two copies of your CNIC (valid).
- The applicant must also have the original driver’s license on hand.
Importance of a Valid License
Driving without a valid driver’s license is illegal, and you will be held liable for any accidents that occur as a result. Renewal of your license is critical, and it is no longer difficult. The process is fairly smooth whether you apply online or in person at the ITP office.
Note: that the fee can change, and we will try to keep it up to date.