People who have touch-enabled phones and tablets will like Windows 11. You can see these changes in many different parts of the operating system. For example, in Windows 11, the space between items is a little bigger than in the previous versions of Windows. Having a lot of space makes it easier to choose things on touch screens. You can turn off the extra gap in Windows 11, but there is a way to do this.
As a rule, in Windows 11, there is a big gap between icons, folders, and other things. If you look at This PC and File Explorer, you can see it. This extra space can be a pain, for example, if you choose the Details View in File Explorer and have a lot of files. Due to the extra space, only a few items in a folder show up on the screen.
Windows 11 desktop users can bring back the small view in File Explorer and This PC. Microsoft has a way to turn off the extra space in Windows 11.
How to Decrease Item Space in Windows 11?
- If you open File Explorer, click on the View menu on the toolbar. This will show you all the menus.
- Choose “Compact view” from the list. This will turn on the “classic” “compact view.”
File Explorer and This PC now have a “Compact View” setting that you can use. The folder also lets you change how far apart items are. Here’s how it works.
How to Turn Off the Extra Gap in Windows 11 via the Folder Options menu?
- This is the first thing you need to do. First, open File Explorer. Then, click the three horizontal dots menu button on the toolbar.
- To open the Folder Options window, click the Options menu, and then the Folder Options window will show up.
- Click on the View tab in the Folder Option, then click OK.
- Turn on the option “Decrease the space between items (compact view)” and click OK.