The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has set up a SIM Information System to deal with users’ security risks. This system will help them keep their information safe. The regulator also wants to ensure that all mobile networks have subscription rules in place.
This initiative is beneficial for the masses because they’ll be able to know how many SIMs are registered on their CNIC number with all mobile operators in Pakistan. If you want to use this service, you can get it online and by text message. Another good thing is that you can check your SIM’s information from anywhere and at any time, even if you aren’t there. It’s also possible to block more unknown SIM cards in time to protect yourself from any liability. Further, you will be able to stop SIM cards that you don’t know. This way, you won’t have to deal with any legal problems. Finally, this service is free.
SIM Information System
- To go to https://cnic.sims.pk/
- When filling in your CNIC number, don’t put hyphens in it (-).
- Check to see if you aren’t a robot.
- Go to the next step.
- How to Check the SIM Card Information on a Phone
- Open the SMS app on your cell phone.
- Write your CNIC number without the hyphens in its middle (-).
- Please send it to number 668.
- The charges (Rs. 2 plus tax).
How to Block Any SIM Registered on Your Name
The government has told Pakistani citizens to block all unknown SIM cards so they can’t be used for illegal things. You’ll need to go to the Customer Care Center of the right franchise to do this. You’ll have to do some things first, and then your SIM card will be blocked for 24 hours. You can also get a complaint form from their site.